It’s Friday!!! And it’s supposed to be nice weather this weekend- Yeah!
Here are four random Friday things:
1) I started taking Gummi Vitamins….suggested by my doc (she takes gummy kid ones too because she doesn’t like the pill ones either). Ummm, why didn’t I start this ages ago?! It’s like being able to eat gummi bears every single morning. They taste so good, I have a hard time restraining myself from eating just 2 (serving size).
Obviously, they carry much less nutrients than a regular adult multivitamin pill, but I can’t take the regular ones (they make me feel terrible), so taking the kid ones are better than taking nothing.
2) I drink a lot of water. Like a LOT of water every day. I generally carry a HUGE water bottle around all day.
But….Have you heard that they found out that metal water bottles (even the ones that SAY THEY’RE BPA FREE) carry MORE BPAs than regular plastic water bottles? The metal outside is BPA-free, but whatever they line it with inside to keep it clean….is supposedly FULL of BPAs. Sheesh, you really can’t win.
My "old" bottle on the right. My "newer" and smaller bottle on the left
I have no idea if my old metal water bottle was part of the BPA ones, but just in case, I got a new Camelback BPA free bottle. I don’t really think that can fix all the BPA exposure I’ve likely gotten over the last few years, but oh well.
3) Who else is loving the Real Housewives marathons on BRAVO? They are the best thing to watch on the treadmill or elliptical. Bethenny or that Milliondollar real estate show is a close second. Lately, I go to the gym, just as an excuse to indulge my Real Housewives vice. It’s so ridiculous, it glues me to the tv. I can’t believe they all agreed to do another season!
Here I am obviously too enthralled in Danielle and Jacqueline's NJ drama and whether or not "that is like that" to keep up with my workout!
My best friend just bought a house in Franklin Lakes. I’ve put her on Real Housewives sighting watch at the grocery store. She thinks I’m crazy. Haha.
4) I went to an office for a meeting this week, and they had THIS out all the time for their employees!
So awesome, right! I wanted to work there just for the cucumber water.
And besides, then I wouldn’t even have to worry about BPAs!
- What shows do you usually watch at the gym? (or would you rather listen to music?)
- What kind of bottle do you drink water in?
- Do they have any neat foodie things at your work? We have granola bars…but that’s about it….
– Do you take a multivitamin??
The week is almost ov-ah!!! It’s been crazy lately. Plus, I’m leaving for Florida on a red-eye tonight for a jam-packed weekend (a wedding, see friends, family, etc). Ate an orange in anticipation of the orange state:
Excuse the computer background....ate this at my desk
Two Florida things I am especially looking forward to (besides the family/friends part, of course):
1) 80 degree weather! It’s still raining cats and dogs here. Can’t complain cause we need it (grew up in the drought years), but some sunshine will do me good.
2) Dunkin Donuts coffee! I haven’t had my fix in way too long. I already told Jared we are stopping at the airport right when we get off the plane. It’ll be 6am there (ummm 3am SF time….eek) so I’ll need it anyways. He doesn’t drink coffee so can’t really relate.
So, here’s some random Thursday things I felt like sharing and rambling about.
1) We’re moving offices on Monday (the day after I get back from Fl..yikes, exhausted….) so one reason it’s been crazy is that we’ve been packing. I had to pick up boxes at Home Depot yesterday.
As I’m walking out (in the rain), a lady in a car asks me directions. So as I’m standing there talking to her, a gust of wind blows the boxes out of the cart and into puddles all over the street. I felt like I was getting punked as I chased boxes through the parking lot in the rain.
Yesterday was very much, “one of THOSE days.”
So work is filled with boxes…..and my apt is covered in clean laundry and suitcase stuff– I realized that 9-10pm Tuesday night was my ONLY chance to pack, so stuff is pretty much all over the place. Looks like a tornado hit. Oh well.
2) I finally got that fro yo I was talking about on Wed. Yogurtland is amazing!
There were almost 20 flavors– everything from Root Beer float to Pomegranate Raspberry (does that count as a superfood?)
I filled my cup…and went pretty heavy on the toppings. So delicious.
3) I woke up at 5:00am this morning and left the house by 6:00 for an early morning appointment. I usually don’t leave until 7:45. So now it’s 10:30am and I’ve already had 2 huge cups of coffee and 2 breakfasts. Feeling extra productive, but I keep looking at the clock thinking it’s time for my 1pm conf call….and it’s not even 11 yet. Random. Maybe this will help with red eye jet lag tomorrow.
I don’t really know why I’m telling you this, except that it’s prob the reason for my caffeine -induced randomness
4) What would we do without picture texts? Seriously. I went shopping the other day and liked this shirt’s color but couldn’t tell how it looked. I really have no fashion sense.
I sent the photo to my sister to ask her advice. Her response? “Rebecca, that looks terrible on you. Are you crazy?”
Haha, I love honesty. Sisters are the best for that. And I wasn’t even offended.
And for the last random thing of the day…
5) The Whole Foods sorta near me now has 3 flavors of Kombucha ON TAP! So neat.
And with only 15 cents for a refill, I think I’ll be spending all my time between here and Yogurtland.
Okay, tell me something random about you.
– Who can you count on to always give you their honest opinion? (i.e., my sister)
– What time do you normally wake up in the morning?
– When’s the last time you’ve moved? (work or home)
Janetha at Meals and Moves did a great a to z this week and thought I’d play too. It’s a rainy, rainy Tuesday morning here so posting some fun me facts was just what I felt like.
So here goes……
A is for age: Wouldn’t it be great to be 5 again and spend all day singing songs, doing art projects, and playing on the swings. That’s not the age I am, but the one I’d like to be today
B is for breakfast today: Cereal! This is a rarity, I don’t usually have cereal for breakfast but it hit the spot this morning. Special K with a banana and almond milk.
C is for currently craving: This. Will you make it for me, please?
D is for dinner tonight: Not sure yet, but it will def involve a sweet potato cause that’s my other “currently craving.” I’m getting a glass of wine with a friend tonight, but will have to wait to eat dinner until I’m home since we’re not eating out this month.
E is for favorite type of exercise: Swimming. Love. It clears my head and my whole body feels great afterwards. Not to mention, swimming means a post-workout dip in the hot tub, which is soo nice.
F is for an irrational fear: The bridge collapsing while I’m driving over it. Ever since that bridge collapsed in Minnesota a few years ago, I hold my breath when we drive over one here, convinced it might collapse. Totally irrational.
G is for gross food: Blue cheese. Disgusting. I can’t even eat anything that has touched blue cheese. So gross.
H is for hometown: A subburb near San Francisco.
I is for something important: Family. Puppy. Spending time outside. Appreciating the simple things in life.
J is for current favorite jam: “Stronger (what doesn’t kill you)” by Kelly Clarkson. I can’t help but feel more positive when I hear it.
K is for kids: Yes, eventually. But just one for now, my loveable pup, Charlie. He has a blog too…
L is for current location: I’m at work, sitting at my desk. Hate admitting that, as I should probs be doing something other than blogging…..
M is for the most recent way you spent money: A tall coffee from Starbucks, sipped on my commute to work.
N is for something you need: A haircut. Hello split ends.
O is for occupation: Manage a nonprofit program that helps homeless kids. On weekends, I’m a juggler (aka, juggle doggie, friends, family, exercise, etc). I’ve had a few other professions (politics, teaching, etc) so we’ll see what other occupations I’ll eventually add to my list.
P is for pet peeve: This is really random, but lately it’s my pet peeve when I see people feeding stale bread to the ducks. I know you MEAN well, but come on people, it makes then sick! And then they poop all over and it’s just disgusting.
Q is for a quote: I’m obsessed with quotes, so there’s no way I can pick a favorite. My mom sent me this one recently: “Friends are like bras. Close to your heart and there for support.” Lol
R is for random fact about you: I wear flip flops just about all the time (unless I’m at work….but even then I sometimes keep them on). It’s not that I mind other shoes, it’s just that I like the feeling of my toes being free and they are so comfy. I’ll probably regret this later in life, but until then, flip flops are my shoe of choice. It’s rainy today and I still haven’t put my other “work” shoes on yet….
S is for favorite healthy snack: Almonds and raisins. Though I usually eat too many, so they probably can’t be considered healthy anymore.
T is for favorite treat: Chocolate ice cream. In a cone, of course.
U is for something that makes you unique: Freckles! Maybe you can’t tell from my pics, but I have a lot of “angel kisses” as my mom used to call them.
V is for favorite vegetable: Broccoli. Roasted, steamed, stirfryed, anyway you cook it up, just give it to me!
W is for today’s workout: 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning….while watching a Bethenny Ever After rerun (she’s getting to be a bit of a diva, don’t you think?).
X is for X-rays you’ve had: None, no broken bones (knock on wood). I did get a cat scan once….I’m a little bit of a hypochondriac and was convinced my headache was a brain tumor. I’m fine, of course, lol.
Y is for yesterday’s highlight: I went shopping and found some cute shirts on sale. Morning swim. Cuddle on the couch with J.
Z is for your time zone: Pacific. We’re just waking up when you guys are well on your day.
Ok, your turn! Pick a letter and tell me something about YOU