Have you added a mango to your green smoothie yet?
Well if not, then YOU MUST
They add a tropical, sweet, deliciousness.
Trader Joes sells great frozen mangoes and it couldn’t be easier. I think Whole Foods sells them too. Who knows, maybe even Safeway?
This smoothie was THICK, let me tell ya.
My great morning……..
I went for a 3 mile run, made some coffee, blended up my smoothie…..and then, crawled back into bed to drink it while I read Sophie Kinsella’s new book, “She’s Got Your Number.” She’s such a good, easy read relaxing author. It was really cozy…..
So, besides that they taste yummy, WHY EAT MANGOES you’re wondering?
Well, did you know:
- Mangoes are the world’s number one fruit and are now (finally?) gaining popularity in the US
- There are dozens of types of mangoes and they are the state fruit of India.
- Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamins A & C– A ripe mango gives you THREE times the recommended daily intake.
- Australian mangoes provide more Beta Carotene than any other fruit.
- Mangoes also have a ton of potassium and some B-6 vitamins.
And the real reason (in my opinion), they taste delicious!
Do you like mangoes? Do you put them in your green smoothies? What else do you add them to?