After our Tahoe/snow/trip debacle, when we finally got home on Saturday, we were both hungy, but wanted something easy to make. Normally, I would have ordered Chinese take-out or a pizza, but with the “no eating out (while in SF) all this month” rule….we had to cook.
Sooo…..BBQ Chicken Pizza it was!
My cooking had been less than stellar lately (as you can probably tell from the lack of recipes I’ve been posting), but we finally had a winner!
Since I’m guessing all of you have “those” nights too– the ones when you don’t want to think about cooking too much, but want something tasty– I thought I’d share the recipe. And frankly….it was really good and I’m pretty sure I’ll make this on a non-lazy “I want something really good for dinner” night too!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Pizza dough (I went the lazy route and got the whole wheat dough at Traders, but Katie makes a good one and I just use ww flour instead)
- Pizza sauce (Store bought or try this one (can keep it in the freezer if you want)
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small tomato
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 (smaller) handful fresh basil
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Flour cutting board or work space and let dough sit there for 20 minutes.
3. Shred chicken and place in small bowl with bbq sauce. Stir to coat chicken evenly in sauce.
4. Chop up bell pepper. Cut stems off basil and spinach. Slice tomatoes.
5. Knead and then roll out pizza dough until it’s 12 inches in diameter. I did this by hand, which took a little while ’cause my bf doesn’t seem to own a rolling pin…(not that surprised)
6. Spray a baking sheet and put the rolled out dough on top
7. Spread pizza sauce on top
8. Sprinkle veggies evenly across dough
9. Add chicken
10. Sprinkle generously with cheese!
11. Cook in oven for 9-11 minutes….or until cheese starts to bubble.
This was seriously better than any take-out pizza.
Ok, enough of my pizza talk. Your turn!
How often do you eat pizza?
Do you own a rolling pin? Do the guys you know own a rolling pin? Just curious……