Hiiiii!! You guys are SO sweet. Thank you- I mean really thank you- for all your kind thoughts and prayers. Means a lot to us.
Our time in Florida was brief, but really nice. There were many memories shared along with tears, but Jared has a great family and group of family friends so it was nice to be all together.
We woke up at 4am this morning and Jared’s step-dad took us to the airport.
I headed straight for the coffee kiosk, of course. Sadly, Dunkin Donuts was in another terminal!! I was hoping for a DD coffee since I never get them at home. Oh well.
Our first flight was to Phoenix and we slept most of the way. We had an hour layover and even though it was only 10am AZ time, we ate lunch- there was so much food leftover from the post-funeral “party” (I know it’s not really called a party, but can’t think what to call it…) so we packed a bunch of food.
Can’t ever go wrong with a bagel sandwich.
East Coast bagels are so much better than West Coast ones!
I was planning to do a What I Ate Wednesday post and photograph today’s eats….but you know how traveling is- I ate a little of this, a little of that (cashews, apple, etc) and just gave up on photographing. We got home around noon Cali time and it has been great to have a catch-up day. I’m currently in the middle of two loads of laundry.
I also went grocery shopping! And since I’m not doing a WIAW post, I thought I’d tell you about some of the things I’m currently “obsessed” with from Trader Joes…
You probably won’t be surprised by any of these, but here’s my top 5 list:
1) Lentils- I can’t get enough of TJ’s per-cooked lentils. Soooo easy and tastes great.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar- Great price at TJs. I take a swig every morning, it’s supposed to help your digestive track.
3) Rice crackers(yes, still), Brussel Sprouts, and their frozen spinach- Every day staples that I like buying there better than at Safeway or Whole Foods for some reason.
4) Refried Pinto Beans- I’m always very hot or cold with beans in general. Now I’m going through a “hot” phase and love them! TJs has a good canned bean selection.
5) Pre-cooked Rack of Lamb- Okay, this is a cheat meal (NO not cheat meaning unhealthy, cheat meaning it seems like you slaved in the kitchen to cook it, but you didn’t so it’s awesome for a lazy night). You just pop it in the oven for 35 minutes and it even smells great. Jared loved loved loved it…and I made it on a night I promised to cook, but then started feeling lazy and it worked out so well. I’d def cook-cheat again with this meal another time.
That was his plate…meat and potatoes are a guy’s best friend.
So…you tell me–
What foods are you currently obsessed with?
- What’s a food vacillate between hot or cold with? (like me and beans)
-How far do you live from the airport?