And suddenly, it’s Friday again. How did that happen? It was a semi-busy week with family stuff, work stuff, and just general life stuff but that’s typical. I can’t believe September is over and I haven’t had any pumpkin yet. Must get on that!
Anyway– I thought I’d post today some of the new stuff in my world this week. I think switching routine and adding small new things make a big difference. Sometimes, I get stuck in a rut or a comfort-zone and have to make an effort to add something new. This week, i added some. Here are 5 small new things from this week….
1) I took the train to work today
I never do this. I always alway always drive, but I ended up leaving my car at my parents’ house Wednesday evening sooo Thursday morning, I took the train. All in all, it took me two hours to get to work, which was not efficient, but I loved walking to the station, taking the train, and just getting away from commute traffic.
2) I FINALLY pumped up the exercise ball at my desk and have been sitting on it instead of my chair. Yes, this took me like 6 months to do. I lost the air stopper and so it just deflated…but finally found it and actually took the time to blow it up. Like it so far.
3) I put this sign up near my desk. I love this quote. Now, I can look at it everyday. Ahhhh motivation.
4) Downloaded and listed to a bunch of Balanced Bites podcasts. Have you listened to them? I’m not Paleo, but I’ve been liking the podcasts.
5) I went to a new wine bar. It’s only a few blocks from my apartment and another one of those places that I say, “I really want to go here” every single time I walk by. Tonight, I finally went.
I ordered a draft wine. According to them, draft wine is about to be the wave of wine drinking future.
It’s true- a lot of places around here now offer wine on tap. I like the concept and think the wine tastes just as good as it does bottled.
-Do they offer “wine on tap” near you?
What’s something new in your world this week?
-Do you listen to podcasts? Tell me some good ones.