Friday Friday Friday! I am so excited. I have the day off (we’ve worked so much the past few weekends and evenings, that we closed the office today) and really needed a 3-day weekend. We’re off to Folsom for another race. It’s HOT there…and there’s not much to do except sit by the pool (which is fine by me!).
In other news….
This week, my parents were out of town…again….so I house-sat for a night (they were gone a week, but I just slept there once, and got the mail, did laundry, etc). I took the nicest evening walk that helped my stress go away! The ‘burbs are so much more peaceful than the city.
House-sitting also meant that I got to raid their fridge. I love doing that because they alays have much different things in there than I do…and I usually find something really good! They’re pretty healthy, but keep enough treats that I know I’ll always be able to find some chocolate in there.
This time around, I made a top 5 from of my fridge finds:
1) Chocolate Almond Butter– YUM! It tastes like nutella. I can’t buy this at home because I would put it on everything and it would be gone in a day.
2) Salted Caramel Sauce from Williams Sonoma– I actually bought this for my mom because she loves salted caramel…but this was the first time I got to taste it. DELICIOUS! I ate a spoonful…but I guess you’re supposed to put it on something…not necessary, it’s delish on it’s own. I just saw something like this at Trader Joe’s too.
3) Bacon Chocolate Peanut Butter– This one’s def different. I wasn’t that surprised to see it in the fridge though because my dad’s a peanut butter-aholic….loves bacon…and chocolate’s just an added bonus. I tasted it…Yuck. You could taste the bacon and to me, it just doesn’t go with pb. But I’m guessing some of you bacon-lovers out there might really love it. (and since the jar looks 3/4 gone…I’m assuming he likes it too). (feel free to comment on this, dad
4) Olallieberry Jam- Olallieberry might be my favorite word ever. And the jam’s pretty darn good too. It’s the same company as that apricot one they gave me a few weeks ago. I spread this on my toast in the morning and it was delish.
(this is technically a freezer, not a fridge find….)
5) That chocolate coconut ice cream that I featured on my WIAW post this week.
Oh my goodness. Thankfully there was only about a serving left because it was addictingly delicious! I would buy this in a heartbeat (and probably will!)
So fun to have open access to other people’s fridges. When I used to babysit as a teen, I’d love making dinner for the kids because I’d get to use their foods (and stuff I probably didn’t have at my own house). You too? Or is that weird?
And…my parents out of town meant that my “dog sitters” were gone too (they usually keep the dog mon-thurs…i know, super nice of them), so Charlie hung out with us all week. He came to work during the week and was such a good boy! Sat under my desk most of the time all cuddeled up with his toy. Proud of him, so couldn’t resist posting a photo.
I have to admit though, dropping him off so we could go away for the weekend is a nice break.
–Whose fridge do you like to raid?
–Find anything good lately?
–If you work, does anyone bring dogs to the office? I’m surprised how many companies allow it here….but I think it’s because SF has so many start-ups and just a general relaxed work atmosphere everywhere.
And btw– loved reading all the comments about choosing to tell friends and fam about blogging or not– so interesting to see what everyone does!
Have a good weekend! Will post sometime this weekend during/after the race probs….so see ya then!