Yesterday, was a good day. It was easy to focus on the small, simple happy things. Ahhh, holidays! Here are three from my day:
1) Sleeping late on a weekday! And by late, I mean 7am, but hey, I’ll take it. I laid in bed sipping coffee and reading blogs for another thirty minutes and it was so nice not to have to jump up for work.
2) Living near beautiful hiking trails….and having a dog who likes to hike. We hiked up Mt Tam in Marin yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful. Charlie is so funny on a hike- he jumps in creeks, rolls in the dirt, and has a big smile on his face the whole time. Def a simple thing that makes me so happy.
Afterwards, we met friends for dinner and then, of course..
3) Fireworks at a roof party…and a clear enough night in SF to actually see them! Sometimes the fog rolls in heavily and you can’t see them, but this year we got lucky
It was a really nice 4th. Not into going back to work today
Oh and so, those were the good things from yesterday…here are two not-so-good things (that actually make me laugh) from the day:
1) Realizing my leggings had a big hole in the butt AFTER I got home from an hour long morning dog walk. How the heck did that happen?! Lol I must have been half asleep! Embarrassed, but over it.
2) The enormous blister on my heel from new hiking shoes that made me limp for the last mile. Ouch.
Hope you had a nice 4th!
-Anyone have Thurs and Fri off work? Some of my friends’ offices closed for the week as an extra thing for their employees. Nice! Not mine though, I’m here…and haven’t quite woken up yet.
-What the last embarrassing thing (like my pants’ hole) to happen to you?
- Best thing you ate on the 4th? Mine was some amazingly-best-I’ve-had-all-summer cherries. Yum.