It’s Tuesday survey time! I love doing surveys and liked this one that I caught on Alex‘s blog. I love interviewing people and learning more about them but this is like interviewing myself- always fun.
Work’s getting busy again, so it makes me think more about what it means to healthfully de-stress and make sure I’m prioritizing what’s important to me.
Okay, survey time!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A green smoothie and 2 cups of coffee….no big surprise there!
2. How much water do you drink a day?
A LOT, like too much. Prob 18 8-oz cups per day. I’ve actually gone to the doctor to see why the heck I drink so much water….and turns out, it’s normal (for me). Still it’s weird and at restaurants, the waiters are always constantly filling my glass.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Swimming. My whole body feels great after. I have to admit though, lately I’ve been having a really hard time trying to figure out how to fit in a good workout. I’m still adjusting to my new longer commute and sched and it’s been tough to balance my personal life. It’s my goal this month though to figure all that stuff out.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I try for 1500, but usually more like 1800. My activity level is pretty low these days so I don’t need any more.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Almonds, soy yogurt, pears, apples, pb with carrots, raisins, seaweed snacks
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Grocery shopping is another thing I’m having trouble finding time for these days, so lately I eat whatever’s easy and I have on hand– lately, it’s usually been 2 hard boiled eggs, an apple and a sweet potato. Boring! On a regular day, I like a lot of greens (salads) with a protein (tofu or chicken).
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Stomach, hello sit-ups!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Legs. Mine are pretty muscular anyways, so strength-training them makes me feel like I’m actually make them bigger.
9. What are you bad food cravings
Chocolate chips. And ice cream.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Gummi vitamins (best invention ever), Vitamin D supplement, Folic Acid, and a fish oil supplement.
11. How often do you eat out?
I try not to very often. Unless it’s a restaurant I’ve been really wanting to try, it always seems like a waste of money to me. But usually, I eat out 2-3x per week.
12. Do you eat fast food?
Yuck, No. Though I have been known to steal a few McD fries from Jared occasionally.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
I feel pretty lucky and very supported in my life. My parents have been amazing supporters my entire life. And now I’m lucky to have an incredibly supportive and wonderful boyfriend, a fabulous sister, and two best friends who are especially great supporters. Plus my puppy– he’s so supportive that matter what I do, he’s there ready to give kisses.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yep, I joined a new one in Feb. It has a sauna and steam room so that’s a huge perk that my old one didn’t have.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I need 8 hours, sometimes 9. I know that’s a lot, but I am so much better with sleep.
16. Do you have a cheat day?
Not officially, but I have plenty of “cheat” meals. I try to listen to what I’m craving and what I actually want….and if it’s unhealthy, so be it.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Honestly not very often. I don’t have a high tolerance so a glass or two of wine and I’m good to go.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
No, I like working out by myself.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I stopped getting sick (colds, etc) often.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Drank a green smoothie this morning and sat outside during lunch (for vitamin D and some de-stress time)
Okay, your turn!
– How many cups of water do you drink?
– What’d you eat for breakfast?
– Do you have a “cheat” day?